I have three categories of events for writers:
- Private events, for example to a writers’ group. If you would like to invite me to speak at your writers’ group, or anything else you’re organising, contact me on email@example.com to discuss. I’m always delighted to speak to writers but I do need to be paid. My normal minimum fee is £150, but I can reduce this in exceptional circumstances. VERY occasionally, I work for nothing but please consider very carefully whether you have to ask this.
- Events such as festivals, open to the public. Book with the organisers, not me.
- My own Write to be Published events – seminars, talks and workshops organised by me and, sometimes, colleagues. These will usually occupy an evening or a Saturday morning. Each one will be different but will usually include:
- More than two full hours of teaching.
- Refreshments, usually including tea, coffee, wine and sandwiches
- A concise and honest written report on a sample of work you have given me in advance
- From June 2011, a free copy of Write To Be Published. (Participants in earlier events will receive a voucher.)
- £5 off the full price of your next WTBP event. (Does not apply if using Society of Authors discount.)
- Essential chocolate to keep your brain working!
NB: for my Write to be Published extended workshops, I offer a discount to Society of Authors members. See events pages for details.
For details of any events, click on the relevant menu tab above.